Feb 5, 2011

Whose Veena is it that rings out


বাজিল কাহার বীণা মধুর স্বরে
bajilo kaharo beena (audio)

Whose Veena is it that rings out
With such sweet melody
Amidst my new life solitaire
Like the lotus at dawn
Blossoms this heart of mine
To adorn whose feet
A pair without peer

Arouses all beauty, all that is sweet
This heart thrills in every moment
From where does the breeze
Bring new awakenings
To shake free the layers
Sheathing this life

Much is the pain in joy and woe
That touches this heart
Words to convey it I have not
My desires ring out today
Amidst the whole wide world
Quivers the river and forests
Overcome with feelings




Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar:

Whose lute resonates in my heart?
Lilting so sweetly,
In the quiet freshness of a new beginning.

My heart surrenders itself
At the feet of my unmatched love
Like a lotus-offering.
Nature shimmers with beauty and sweetness
Brimming my heart with a feisty joy.
From where does the drift flow in
Renewing my breath,
Cleansing my heart.
My soul churns with bliss and sadness,
In shades of inexpressible emotions.

My desires echo in the world, in the sky,
Making every river and arbor quiver with ache.

2 comments:

  1. Whose Veena's melodius tune rings out
    To resonate in my new life of seclusion.
    Like a morning lotus
    It blossomed my heart
    Offerring it at His feet
    A pair truly unique.

    All beauties get revealed
    With their delicate sweetnesses
    And all in a sudden
    My heart's filled with happiness.

    Where from does the wind
    Bring in this new awakening
    Lifting the veil and
    Drawing out the enlightened Me.

    This heart has borne many a pain
    From joys, from sorrows again
    I know not
    How to say or how to explain.

    The high of my desire
    Is ringing in the whole universe
    Making even the river and the forest
    Writhe with me in unease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks allot ! all my life i have been searching and leaning about western culture ,arts and literature ,one day a great personality from our country purified my toxin and he suggested me Tagore poems , thanks 4 these wonderful translations , i hope this will help me to imbibe the essence and give me an opportunity to feel proud of my own culture and literature ,as a matter of fact i strongly believe no one can translate Tagore's work to any language ,still wonderful translation and i appreciate u r efforts !!!

    ReplyDelete