Jan 22, 2011

When my song reveals the world

গানের ভিতর দিয়ে
Gaaner bhitor diye (audio)

When I gaze at the world
Through a lyrical lens
I then sense her voice
I then grasp her soul.

I then hear her articulate
With a diction of light,
A radiance which brims the sky with love.
Her little missives 
Lilting from the smallest grain of dust
Startle me with their intensity.

From skin-deep images
She seeps into my heart.
My soul then starts to nod and quiver 
With every blade of grass.

Sweetened with soulful emotion
The rigidness melts away from every picture.
I find myself sharing secrets
With every beating heart.

another translation by Anandamayee meant for English rendition - find link to rendition here:

When my song reveals the world in its melody

the earth opens her heart, I then begin to see.

Sunshine in the sky, words of love flying high,
then I hear the grains of soil speak tenderly.

The world finds its way into my heart when this happens to me.
My heart responds and flickers with grass in an earthly glee.

Forms and figures melt in without borders gracefully,
then I find my heart speak with all and everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment