Mar 19, 2018

I sit alone.. at the pier.. unmindful..

ঘাটে বসে আছি আনমনা
ghaate boshe aachhi aanmona

I sit alone.. at the pier.. unmindful..
Time and tide pass me by
I will not set sail in the winds..
That do not take me towards you..

The day goes by, the sun goes down..
In the darkness of the night..
A hundred fears shroud the ten directions..
I have not found a place to call home..
Yet my heart.. is restless to set out..
I do not know.. the way to where the pole star shines..

I have sailed.. my boat.. for such a long way..
So many a time on the brink of being sunk..
That I have lost hope on the course I sail..

My boat.. is tethered to the shore.. with countless ropes..
When will you untie them, I so want to set afloat..
When will the all-embracing winds.. from the wide unknown..
Caress and soothe.. my burning need..
When will I hear.. in a roaring rumble..
The melody.. from across the oceans..

No comments:

Post a Comment