Apr 29, 2019

In that Srabon sky (2)

আমি শ্রাবণ-আকাশে ওই দিয়েছি পাতি
aami srobono akashe oi diyechhi paati

In that Srabon* sky
I have placed in the clouds
My eyes brimming with tears
The bamboo forests sigh with my ache
Across the horizon of separation
The whole night awake sans a wink
Across the horizon of separation
My eyes yearn for the bliss of union

One who is out of sight
For that one is this gaze
He left me teary eyed
As he went beyond my sight

His locks caress my dreams
Blowing in the eastern breeze.
I feel the caress of his locks
In the eastern breeze

In Tamal* tree forests
On the path that he left,
In that dusk of separation
Amidst the dust of cows homeward bound,
The grass is wrapped in agony
The sorrow of words unsaid
Punctuates each step
That gazing back time and again
Remains woven in the shadows
A tremor in every breath

No comments:

Post a Comment