Dec 28, 2012

I listen to your footfall



I listen to your footfall 
somewhere in the shore of life. 
In silence, in every sweet breeze. 

Stars and planets speechless overhead  
steadily gaze on.
My thoughts heave gently, ever gently. 

My eyes look on aching with thirst.
My ears, anticipate your homecoming. 
Maybe you'll rise with some sunrise. 
And sink my pain and pleasure
with deep joy.

(another version by Rumela)

I hear your footsteps O Lord
Along the shore of life
In the stillness of seclusion
In the sweetness of the wafting wind

The stars and planets in the sky
Look on with a steadfast gaze
Many a thought stream in my heart
Slowly ever so slowly in solitude

My eyes gaze on like a bird athirst
My ears alert in the depths of my heart
At which auspicious dawn will you come
You will stand at the threshold of my heart
Forgetting all joy and sorrow
I will sink into the depths of bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment