Apr 20, 2013

In my deep wilderness

হৃদয়নন্দনবনে নিভৃত এ নিকেতনে
Hridoynondono bone nibhrito e niketone (audio: Subinoy Roy)

In my deep wilderness
in my house of silence,
arrive, my beautiful
arrive, my joy.

Show me your tender face
take away my sadness
arrive in my tormented heart
aching with divorce.

Bring me 
worthy days and nights.
Make my hollow life
worthwhile.

Let your melodies
make my heart sing.
Day-and-night
shower my heart
with your ambrosial wine.

(another version by Rumela)

Into the secret abode in my heart's wilderness
Come O Lord, ever joyous, ever good
Show your loving visage, set aside all woe
Scorched in the sorrow of separation
My heart awaits your soothing presence
Usher into my life days and nights of well-being
Bring to fruition this futile life of mine, my dearest
Let my heart ever resonate with sweet melody
Let cascades of sweet nectar sprinkle my heart night and day

No comments:

Post a Comment