Aug 9, 2013

Awash with monsoon vibes

এই শ্রাবণ-বেলা বাদল-ঝরা যূথীবনের গন্ধে ভরা
Ei sraabono bela baadolo jhora (audio: Subinoy Roy)

Awash with monsoon vibes,
Eternal rains,
The prolific fragrance of jasmine
A mystic image from antiquity sets in,
A lover yearning for her tryst
In the shadowed downpour

And I, deluged with longing
Hold my gaze to a solitary hearth,
Expecting a secret muse
At my doorstep
In the dark, in the drizzling twilight,
Singing a heart-sifting melody

(another version by Rumela)

This rain-soaked monsoon day
Filled with the fragrance of juthi flowers
She roves the dense woods, nook to nook
Wearing a veil of shadows
I seem to know her from a time forgotten
She who pines, estranged from her beloved

Why do I stare at the desolate road
What if she comes all of a sudden to my door
In the darkness of the clouded evening
She sings a song so heart-overwhelming


No comments:

Post a Comment