Jun 14, 2015

My heart, when you awoke not

আমার মন যখন জাগলি না রে
Amar mon jokhon jaagli na re

My heart, when you awoke not
Your beloved came at your door
The sound of his retreat
Stirred you awake from sleep in the darkness

Laying my raiment on the floor
I pass the midnight hours alone
His flute rings out in the dark
My eyes do not see him

The one you evaded
Can your eyes now find him?
However much you roam the roads
How will you now find him
The one you let go from your home

Another translation for English rendition by Anandamayee Majumdar

My Soulmate came to me
You my mind, were fast asleep!

You listened to her footsteps walk away
as you sat up in the dark
You my mind, were in the dark.

On the earth, I lay awake
lonely in my night-stay.
Her flute plays in the night
as she hides from my eyes.
You my mind, were fast asleep!

The one you have turned aside
can you see her with your eyes?
Now as you wander, can you find
the one that you've left behind?
You my mind, were fast asleep!

(another version by Anandamayee)

Your love had arrived
While your heart slept on.
In the darkness
You sensed the footsteps fade out
A moment too late.

The companion
Present in your slumber
Resonates in your passionate call,
Yet, defeats your vision,
Concealed beyond a melody

Can the soul be sighted,
The one you evade?
The one you forgot to welcome,
How could you find outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment