Oct 22, 2010

O fallen leaves

ঝরা পাতা গো
jhawra pata go

O fallen leaves, your kindred soul I am
In much laughter and many tears
Phagun leaves with a farewell song

O fallen leaves, in colours chrome
Decked have you in final attire
Played so riotous a Holi
Amidst the dust and the green grass
In this closing saga of spring

Colour my raiment red and gold
Just like yours, in fiery hues
May the setting sun
Caress with a Midas touch
The few remnants of my life

Phagun/Phalgun : the penultimate month of the Bengali calendar
Holi : festival of colours celebrated on the last full moon day of Phagun

4 comments:

  1. Mota-a Mota-i.
    (Bengali: fata fati).

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the moments of lonliness.reciting this song helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get emotional when I listen it ! Very sweet yet sad melody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AS days go by , shadows are lengthening. Me like fallen leaves !Sometime silence is more eloquent than words !Stupendous effort ! salute you all of this site !

    ReplyDelete