Feb 6, 2011

Arose dust from cows homeward bound


godhuligogone meghe dhekechhilo tara

Arose dust from cows homeward bound
Stars in the twilight sky
Blanketed by the clouds
All that I had to say
Said it have I
Heard it you may have not
Thus a farewell
You bade me with such ease
Resonated the skies
Drops of rain drizzling down
When I gazed at your face
You lifted not your eyes
Darkness covered my silent pain
When and where will there ever be
An evening such as this
Oh! for the rest of this lifetime
Lost will be this moment

2 comments:

  1. Just when it'as twilight and
    Vermillion rays of the sun
    Touched the cloud-like bridal veil...
    The message of my starry eyes
    Remained obscured from your view.
    O alas! I am finished and done
    With what I had to say to you.

    You may not have harkened that at all
    And bade me a farewell with so much ease ---
    The firmament of my heart was still yearning for you
    My eyes were welling up in tears.

    When I asked for your love,
    You did not look up to me.
    So I concealed my pain quietly
    In deep darkness of my mind.

    Will there be ever an evening like this ---
    O' will be losing you for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was evening when the clouds enshrouded the stars behind their shadows ..
    All I had to tell you, I said it all ..
    May be You never listened to them, that's why you could bid me farewell so easily ..
    The sky out then was so dark with rains blurring my vision ..
    Your eyes never faced mine when I looked into your's
    And the darkness covered the silent pains
    Can we ever get back this amorous evening ? ever ? .. No
    Alas ! its over .. its over for the rest of our life ..

    ReplyDelete