Feb 13, 2011

I glimpse you now and then

মাঝে মাঝে তব দেখা পাই
Majhe majhe tobo dekha pai (audio: Suchitra Mitra)

I glimpse you now and then
Why not everlastingly?
Why do clouds curtain my heart
And veil your face from me?
In momentary flashes when I do get a glance
The tremor of losing you remains,
Instantly you are gone.
Tell me how I may find you
Forever to set my eyes on.
How could I find such love,
So you may endure in my heart?
I will get distracted by none
If, when you summon, I will be free
To surrender all my carnal bonds.


-1885

another translation by Anandamayee Majumdar for rendition in English

Time to time I meet you
Forever, why do I not?

Clouds hide you in my heart,
Disconnect I and you.
Clouds that disconnect
I and you.
Clouds of fantasy
they blind me,
blind me.
I can not see!

In a blink, in a flash of light
I see you so suddenly!
Dear, I am scared to lose you
Lose you so suddenly,
before I can feel you,
before I can glimpse you
my heart hasn't felt you,
oh, so suddenly.

Tell me now, how could I
see you before my very eyes
Dear, how could I find the love
to keep you in my heart?

How could I ever
if you do not favor
if you do not favor,
stay forever?

I shall not seek anyone,
It is you I desire.
Dear, if you say so,
I shall let go
of my need for anything.

I shall let go at your feet.
I shall let go of my need.
I shall let go all my need.
Just for you.

2019 03 18



No comments:

Post a Comment