Feb 8, 2011

With new gems from unknown mines

অজানা খনির নূতন মণির গেঁথেছি হার
Awjana khonir nutono monir genthechhi haar

With new gems from unknown mines
I have laced a necklace
And set fresh strings
On my tireless and youthful lute.
Such freshness found in the forests' robes
And blossoms of the mango orchards,
Such novelty reflected in the winter sunrise
Knocking open wondrous doors of heaven
Find way into the newness of my songs,
The compassion of tunes
Springing from the strings of my lute.
Unspoken words of mine forever locked within
Will master their way like artful dance
Into my lyrics.
Without rhyme or reason today the winds
Bear the tunes from faraway times,
Arbors shed their burdens in murmurs.

As my own hearts bursts open with words,
New rhythms find effusive expression
In a fearlessness of melody
As music takes flight from my lute.

1 comment:

  1. A variation by Pradipta Bandyopadhyay

    With new gems from unknown mines
    I have laced a necklace,
    And set fresh strings
    On my tireless and youthful lute.
    Like the freshness of the forests' robes,
    Or new blossoms in the mango groves;
    Or the winter sunrise knocking open wondrous doors of heaven,
    The strings of my lute start dancing to the tunes of
    My new melodies, new youth, new compassions.
    My words that remained unspoken
    Will make their way into my lyrics in artful dance.
    Without rhyme or reason today the winds
    Bring back the tunes from faraway times,
    And sigh through the woodlands in gentle murmur.
    As the bounds of words break open,
    New rhythms burst forth
    And the strings of my lute resonate
    In fearlessness of melody

    ReplyDelete