Sep 30, 2013

I wait near the pathway

I look for your beauty
to wake my heart
and shake my dusty strings.

I have no flower 
Only tears that sing.
I hope you see my pain 
as far as you may be
dear Beauty.

Days pass on end
my heart is not quenched.

I am askance in the empty quay
I wish I could see
colors when you come.
I wish I could sail 
in an ocean of energy.

(another version by Rumela)

I sit by the wayside
And gaze at you, O Beauteous One
Dust gathers on the strings
Of the Veena in my heart
O Beauteous One

I have no blossoms to wreathe a garland
I play a tearladen song on my Veena
For you to hear from afar in the dark
O Beauteous One

Day after day goes by
O Beauteous One
What is this thirst
That afflicts my heart
O Beauteous One

Alone on this lonesome pier
I know not what to do
When will it arrive
The raft with colourful sails
When will I set sail
In the ocean of bliss
O Beauteous One

Another version for rendition in English by Anandamayee Majumdar

When would you arrive?
I am yearning for you
On the roadside
Beauty of mine!

My heart and my mind
and golden guitar
are gathering dust
Beauty of mine!

My garden is empty
How can I offer
flowers, would you have my
tears to share?

Listen as I play on
In the teary dark
From afar
Beauty of mine

Day after day
Night after night
Time flies on
Beauty of mine

A suffering heart
Cries out in thirst,
aching thirst,
Beauty of mine

How could I set sail;
The dock is empty?
When would the ship
come and deliver me?

When would I float away
To the blue sea
Of paradise
Beauty of mine?

2019 02 09


No comments:

Post a Comment