Sep 30, 2013

I count on Beauty to show up

তোমায় চেয়ে আছি বসে পথের ধারে সুন্দর হে
Tomay cheye achhi (audio: Debabrata Biswas)

I count on Beauty to show up
To rouse my heart, dusty strings

I have no flowers to offer,
Only teary melodies
Hoping my ache can be sensed
Even from far cover,
Hidden Beauty.

Days pass, one after the other
My heart thirsts strangely
Persistently.

I am askance in the empty quay
Looking to discover
Your vibrant approach
To sail away with you,
In an ocean of exuberance

(another version by Rumela)

I sit by the wayside
And gaze at you, O Beauteous One
Dust gathers on the strings
Of the Veena in my heart
O Beauteous One

I have no blossoms to wreathe a garland
I play a tearladen song on my Veena
For you to hear from afar in the dark
O Beauteous One

Day after day goes by
O Beauteous One
What is this thirst
That afflicts my heart
O Beauteous One

Alone on this lonesome pier
I know not what to do
When will it arrive
The raft with colourful sails
When will I set sail
In the ocean of bliss
O Beauteous One

No comments:

Post a Comment