Dec 27, 2009

This is but a flight of fantasy

এ শুধু অলস মায়া
e shudhu olosho maya

This is but a flight of fantasy
Painted with imagination
Like clouds coloured by the sun's radiance
Such are momentary tears and laughter --
A mere melody fading in the air
Imparting the transience of a garland
Put together by an unmindful one,
Then torn apart again
Like sun-rays that stir the leaves,
And blossoms that play with their shadows
It is but spring-bouts of shade and sun

I forget my path and spend all my hours
In this playfulness
Losing myself in a land of mist
Drawing strange blossoms
To offer a nameless friend,
Flowers that wither by the dusk
And return to forests unknown

Who will be my companion in this game?
Whether anyone does care or not
I will go on singing my songs
Forgetting them by the moment,
Hoping that these passing tunes will perhaps
Touch someone, somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment