Dec 23, 2009

Come Spring, touch me now

রাঙিয়ে দিয়ে যাও
Rangiye diye jaao (audio link: Hemanta Mukhopadhyay)


a translation meant for an English rendition of the song
(Find an English rendition of this song in Youtube here:)

Come Spring, touch me now
as you make your way to go
your tender brush
this secret show
your smiling ever-youthful face
loving tears, all the flow

red and purple, touch my soul
pink and orange, touch my toil 
blue and saffron, touch my soul.
Spark my flame, light my room
paint my night, paint my gloom.

Wake me up 
wake me up, as you go
awake my pulse 
awake my pulse, as you go.

Like a sky, making stars in the night
like a spring, falling out, out of plight
like thunder, rumbling in the heart of space
like a dance forming in the universe

undulate undulate 
lead my path, lead my way
free my chains, free my stay

translated by Anandamayee Majumdar, 12 March 2017




(another version by Rumela):



Colour me in crimson
Colour me in saffron
As you take your leave
Colour me in all shades
Of your own emotions
Those you kept a secret
Those you let bloom in youthful smile
Those you let flow in soulful tears

Let your hues brush upon my soul
Colour each and every action
Alight upon the flame of the evening lamp
Caress the sleeplessness of a dark night

Do arouse me before you go
A gentle nudge of your feet to
Make my blood pulse to your rhythm

Like a star lighting up the dark night
Like a spring bursting through the rocks
Like a rumble raging within the cloud
Like the rhythm that vibrates
In the heart of the dancing cosmos
Do let my heart sway to your beat
Even as you take your leave
Freeing me from fetters of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment