Dec 10, 2009

I know not if you will care

মনে রবে কি না রবে আমারে
mone robe kina robe amare (audio: Hemanta Mukhopadhyay)

I know not if you will care
To remember this poet
Coming and singing with no intent
Off and on at your door.

Time flows on,
So long as I am here,
I like see the flash of smile
Of sudden happiness in your face
If and when we meet,
My songs yearn thereafter.

Flowers blossom in spring,
Wither and fall in its wake.
The gift of fullness in the transient moment
Expresses their sole purpose.

But my days will come to an end,
The light will fade into dusk,
Melodies faint away to cease,
And the Veena retire to rest.

Till then let me sing
So long as I am here.
Won't the gift of your smile delight
and fill in these playful float-some moments?

(Translation: Subrata Majumdar)

Another translation by Anandamayee Majumdar (meant for English rendition of song)

Will you care to remember me?
I do not worry about it.

Time and time again
I come to you
My songs flow on
So carelessly.

So long as I am here
We keep up far and near
I like to see
So suddenly your
Flash of smile; my
Songs flow on
So carelessly

Flowers fade
in good time
When spring is all spent

Loving gifts
Fill the heart;
are lost to the moment.

My days will
come to an end,
light
will fade
and
music as well.


Till then
let me sing,
won't you smile
play and
brim my mind?
My songs flow on
so carelessly.





No comments:

Post a Comment