Dec 23, 2009

Are you merely the image

তুমি কি কেবলই ছবি
tumi ki keboli chhobi

Are you merely the image?
Are you not as certain
As the galaxy of stars
As true as the luminary
Wayfarers of darkness?

As you elude my sight,
You venture into the seat of my heart
Spreading in the green of the earth,
In the azure of the sky
And in that match, my world
Finds its harmony

None realize how
Your melodies play unheard
To blend in with my songs,
And how you become the muse
Within the poet's heart

Another translation for rendition in English by Anandamayee Majumdar

Are you a mere painting?
A portrait to see?

See the vast galaxies
Nested in the sky
Like swarming bees
Those that day and night
Travel in darkness
with their light --
heavenly bodies.

Tell me
you are as alive!
Painting
is not right.

Hidden you are from my sight
Ended up as the
apple of my eye;
That is why
You blend in the green,
You fly in the sky,
Your secret smile
Comes together with
My delight

None can see
No one can realize
Your song
runs in my vibe
Poet within
heart of mine.

No, portrait
is not right!

2019 09 06

No comments:

Post a Comment