Dec 27, 2009

In my sleepless nights

জাগরণে যায় বিভাবরী
jagorone jay bibhabori

In my sleepless nights
Who is it that keeps me awake?
She who remains lost to me
I yearn to find in my solitude
Her flute resounding in my heart

Speechless is the somber night
Yet I heed silent, secret messages
In my heart filled with pain
And in my eyes brimmed with tears
It is her shadow that trembles
Now and again

(another version by Rumela Sengupta)

The night slips by in sleeplessness
Who keeps me awake so
Oh sweet is this sorrow!

For her I wander all alone
Athirst my eyes see her not
It is her flute, her flute it is
That resonates in my heart
Oh sweet is this sorrow!

Words unspoken yet I hear
What is it I hear who can tell
In my heart brimming with ache
In my eyes streaming with tears
Her silhouette flickers time and again

No comments:

Post a Comment