Jun 27, 2011

Stars in the sky tonight are jewels

আজি যত তারা তব আকাশে
Aji joto tara tobo akashe
Audio: Srikanta Acharya

Stars in the sky tonight
are jewels glowing in my core.
Your earth came to me in haste
to fling herself at my door.

Every flower in your yard
blossoms, as it were in me
sprout from my heart and limbs
enlivened, wakeful, free.

Joy rises from the earth
with the fragrance of my heart.

This ecstasy so true and sweet
make offerings at your seat.
Haven't got a care in me
words and speech I do not heed.
The cosmic breath fill my lungs
my heart  a flute of rhapsody.

18 May 2020 (last edited) by Anandamayee Majumdar

2 comments:

  1. another version http://bekaarbokbok.blogspot.com/2010/10/aaji-joto-tara.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the dificulties but its really problem to sing properly except the first two lines (Sthaiee). but its good....hope easer version for singing properly....

    Thanks for your efort
    'Kupomonduk'

    ReplyDelete