Nov 13, 2011

Each glimmer I shall stand facing you

প্রতিদিন আমি, হে জীবনস্বামী
Protidino ami he jeebonoshami
audio: Kanika Banerjee

Each glimmer I shall stand facing you,
My Lord of life,
Each moment with a graceful surrender
I shall stand facing you,
My King of creation.

Beneath a sprawling sky,
In spaces of sacred solitude,
With a humble heart, with flowing tears
I shall stand facing you

In dramatic hues
Of the vast human world,
Abounding, pealing with bustle,
Through an eternal, earthy experience
I shall stand facing you.

When my tasks on earth
Are fulfilled, my consummate Prince,
I shall stand facing you in a quietness
Of my lone stance.



(another version by Rumela Sengupta:)

Each day I’ll stand in front of you
O Lord of my life
I’ll stand in front of you with folded hands
O Lord of this world

Beneath your boundless blue skies
With humble heart and tearful eyes
I’ll stand in front of you in secluded solitude

In this world of myriad shades
Beyond the shores of action and activity
Amidst the multitudes that throng your world
I’ll stand in front of you face to face

When my work in your world is done
O King of kings
I’ll stand in front of you alone in silence

No comments:

Post a Comment