May 22, 2011

A flower you are, of which garden

তুমি কোন্‌ কাননের ফুল
Tumi kon kanoner phool
(Audio by Srikanta Acharya)


(another version on youtube, music composition: Iftekhar Anwar,
 vocal: Anandamayee Majumdar)

A flower you are, of which garden!

A star you are, of which sky!
A memory you are to me, 
                       That I can not place,
A dream you are, as if from far away.
When was it that you sang to me,
When was it that you gazed at me,
Those moments have as if, drifted by.
But those eyes of yours remain forever
Emphatic, awake in my heart.
Do not speak, as you leave,
Simply rest your eyes on mine.
Simply dissolve into moonlight
                             With a smile.
Half awake, I gaze at the moon,
My heart wells up with sweetness,
Let the twin stars, such are your eyes
      Pour out their hearts to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment