May 19, 2011

In the aftermath of separation

যখন ভাঙল মিলন-মেলা
jokhon bhanglo milon mela
(audio)

In the aftermath of separation
Thought I’d never forget the tears I shed
Withered the garland as the days went by
Its flowers falling by the dusty wayside
I knew not when time erased memories

Heart hardenened with passage of time
Thought I’d never shed tears again
A chance meeting by the wayside
And my tears streamed unabated
Beneath that which I’d forgotten
Lay my tears rippling evermore



Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar:

When all was over between us
I thought my mourning would never end.
Days passed,
The bouquet we had exchanged for love
Slowly wilted away.
One day, oblivion crept in unawares.
One day, my heart hardened and froze.
So I thought, I would never cry.
Suddenly I chanced upon you on my way,
And the tears erupted endlessly.
In subterranean depths beneath my unconcern
The river of grief had heaved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment