May 11, 2011

This is your love

এই তো তোমার প্রেম
ei to tomar prem
(Tagore's own translation)
(audio)

This is your love O thief of hearts
This dance of golden light on leaves
The pleasant laze of clouds adrift
This gentle caress of the breeze
As if like a balm of nectar
This is your love O thief of hearts

A glorious stream of morning light
Deluges my eyes
Your loving words tiptoe into my heart

Your turn your face to me
Your eyes look down at mine
My heart bows down to you

November, 2010.


Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar:

There is a way I can sense your love
There is a reason you allure my heart

As sunshine sieves through sweeping leaves
Crafting out the best brilliance
As clouds coast the sky
Like divine swans,
As the breeze enfolds me
In wings of compassion
I realize what your love feels like
I realize how it speaks to me

When my eyes are kissed by sunrise
Your loving whispers become alive

As your face gazes down
As your eyes meet mine
My heart softens with yearning,
And I realize what your love feels like,
I realize how it speaks to me

No comments:

Post a Comment