May 11, 2011

This is your love

এই যে তোমার প্রেম
ei to tomar prem
(Tagore's own translation)
(audio)

This is your love O thief of hearts
This dance of golden light on leaves
The pleasant laze of clouds adrift
This gentle caress of the breeze
As if like a balm of nectar
This is your love O thief of hearts

A glorious stream of morning light
Deluges my eyes
Your loving words tiptoe into my heart

Your turn your face to me
Your eyes look down at mine
My heart bows down to you

November, 2010.


Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar:

This is how I sense your love, 
thief of hearts.
As the sun dribbles through the leaves
and clouds coast the sky
as the wind warmly hugs
I see how your love feels like 
I see how it can talk.

When dawn kisses my eyes 
your loving whisper comes alive.

When your face looks down at me
your eyes meet mine.
My heart softens with longing.
I see how your love feels like
I see how it can talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment