May 7, 2011

I shall not light a lamp

আমি জ্বালব না মোর বাতায়নে
 Ami jaalbo na mor batayone (audio)

I shall not light my lamp
at the window.
I shall listen in silence
to the secret voice in the dark.

Let my body and soul
melt with the night
when the sweetness
of my heart unfolds unseen.

My soul chases the stars.
The darkness turns into a lute
that sings a song of light.

All my quests end now.
I have wandered near and far.
At the end of every road
what do I desire, I wonder
with a fearless heart?

(another version by Rumela)

I will not light a lamp at my casement
I will sit and listen to the voice in the darkness

Let my body and mind melt into the night
In my heart-flower that blooms in secret
Let the scent of my sorrow stay concealed

My heart will vanish amidst the stars
Where light strums the lute of darkness

My day long quest has come to end
I have wandered off in the wrong direction
Now I am lost and know not where to go
Yet I hope and cling onto courage

No comments:

Post a Comment