Apr 7, 2011

The darkness still lingers

এখনো গেল না আঁধার
Ekhono gelo na aandhar (audio: Kanika Banerjee)

The darkness still lingers,
The fetters still persist.
Life still falters
In it's grandiose battle
With death

When will my grief and fire
Transform to laurels of triumph?
When will my sea of black, my tears
Gleam with the radiance of dawn?

Even now,
My shadows cast mythical belief,
Even now, as I look back
Sparks of lightning dazzle my eyes.

(another version by Rumela)

The darkness has not gone yet
The impedance still remains
This life long penance of mine is not done yet

When will this searing pain of mine
Adorn me like a garland of victory
My midnight tears dazzle at dawn

My own shadow designs such illusions
Why do I still look back in vain

A sudden flash of lightning has me stupefied

No comments:

Post a Comment