Apr 1, 2011

When my pain makes me visit your gate

আমার ব্যথা যখন আনে আমায় তোমার দ্বারে
Amar byatha jokhon ane amay tomar daare (listen to the song)

When my hurt makes me visit your gate
you welcome her and beg her sit.

She longs to be taken in arms,
leaves everything, is pricked by thorns.

When my hurt makes songs, I am the tune.
You can not remin faraway.

A bird hit by bolts, my song falters and it falls.
Then from the looming dark, you appear instead.

2019 08 19



(another version by Rumela)

When my pain brings me to your door
You yourself open the door and beckon her
Yearning for an embrace
She rushes across thorny paths
Relinquishing her all just to be with you

When my pain rings out
I play to her tune
You are drawn to the song
You cannot stay away
Like a bird on a stormy night
My song slumps down
You step out then into the darkness

1 comment: