Apr 11, 2011

The human in my heart

আমার প্রাণের মানুষ আছে প্রাণে
Amar praaner manush achhe praane (audio)

The human in my heart lives here,
so I find her everywhere.
In my eyes, in dancing light,
so I never lose her sight. 
She is here, there and everywhere.

I went far and near to hear her talk.
But the words I never could hear.
Now I return to my loving home,
in my songs, her words are clear.

Those who seek from door to door
can not find her anywhere.
Come in haste, come and look!
In my eyes, in my soul, she is there.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great service you're doing to people who don't know Bengali but who nevertheless enjoy the music. It'd be of great help if an index of Bengali titles of songs were available. I was looking for couple old favorites 'mon mor megher sangi'. I searched and also looked under 'Rains - Borsha' and 'Nature - Prokriti'. I couldn't find it. Same was the case with 'amar hriday tomar apan hater' - it was hard to find. It may still be there but I may have missed it.

    Still you guys are doing a fantastic job. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your kind words. If you are able to read Bengali, then the index in Bengali is available on the top as separate pages (just look below the blog title and you will see the words in Bangla). However, we haven't yet created an index of the songs written phonetically in English

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://gitabitan-en.blogspot.com/2011/04/companion-to-clouds-my-heart-darts.html

    An attempted trans-creation of 'Mon mor megher sangi' is in the link above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the postings and look forward to new additions. Keep up the great work! Guruji's great work reaches so many more hearts and minds.

    ReplyDelete