Apr 11, 2011

Who is it dances within

মম চিত্তে নিতি নৃত্যে
momo chitte niti nritye (audio)

Who is it dances within
To a rhythm so lively
Ever unceasing
With a roll of drums
Ever pulsing to the beat

Sway laughter and tears
Like diamonds and emeralds
Adorning a tiara
Frolic ebb and tide
Quivering to the rhythm
Pirouette birth and death
Gaily waltzing together

O what joy! what happiness!
Bondage and freedom twirl on night and day
I too sway on joyful waves
Keeping beat to the rhythm

Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar

The dancer in my heart
Is an unsolved mystery,
Someone within dovetails those measures
Possessed by the big bash

And on that stage,
Tears and elation
Are jewels spilling from my soul
Enacting, in one breath
Good and irksome are twins
Tripping together
Life and death
Are partners in the sensation

The ecstasy is breathtaking;
To discover
Freedom and bondage
Spinning, inextricably,
To chase the cosmic wave,
To dance with creation

1 comment:

  1. Who is it within me who dances
    In a rhythm so lively
    Like in trance ever unceasing
    (With His feet tapping and
    Body twirling in alternation)
    Can hear too the sound of drums
    Beating in perfect consonance


    Sway my laughters and my tears
    Like diamonds and emeralds
    Adorning His tiara
    My delights and my pains
    Quivering to that rhythm
    Like Birth and Death waltzing
    One after the other
    In lilting harmony.

    O how contented I feel within me
    Ever without a break
    My freedom and my restraint
    Locked in each others cadence.
    Like a lightwave I run behind Him
    O what a crazy rhythm it is.

    ReplyDelete