Feb 8, 2012

Make me your euphonic lute

আমারে করো তোমার বীণা 
Amare koro tomaro beena (audio: Mita Hoque)

Make me your euphoric lute
Hold me up to pick your song
With gentle, glowing artful strokes
Endow my spirit with vibration

Your fingers will touch my soul
As only budding blossoms could
My breath will sing with dulcet notes
Immersing you in solitude

In rain and shine,  through my tears
My heart surrendered at your feet
I will gaze with love and sing for you
Through your absence, through defeat

This will be my secret spark
My surging, joyous melodies
Newness emanated in space,
Rising for eternity

Another translation meant for rendition in English by Anandamayee Majumdar

Would you make me
your violin?
Raise me high and sing?
Gently strum
Play and hum
Make your harmony.

Your fingers would
touch my heart
Like a bud
Like a bud

Whispering
My soul shall sing
To your own
ear.

Would you make me
your guitar?

Through my pain
In shine and rain
I shall be
Your own friend.

Gaze in love
Sing for you
When you're
Absent

None can see
how I sing --
My newness
fills the space

Joy be my
Melody
Rising up to
heaven.

Would you make me
your violin?

No comments:

Post a Comment