Nov 18, 2009

Everything I have and reap

আমার যে সব দিতে হবে
amar je shob ditey hobey (audio)

Everything I have and reap
songs and wealth I may keep
what I see and what I hear
all my labor, fruits I bear
every service old and new
I shall make my gifts to you.

My dawn and dusk shall birth unseen
in the heart's own garden green
with joy and newness they shall shine
and be your presents, my divine.

To tune the lute-strings now I learn
you shall teach me, in my turn
music which fits your way

with your music then in play.

Your pleasure fills my cup of life
calls to happiness and to strife.
These gifts you have offered me
forever yours that they shall be.


Everything I have received
blessed in life which I have lived
offer me a glory true
when I gift them back to you.


another version by Debashis Goswami

I must give forth all I possess
Forever it's known to me
All my treasures, all my lyrics
Let it be yours, let it be...

What I behold, what I hear
Pathways that I wander
With the nimble hands of mine
Services I can render
Let it be yours, let it be yours....

From the budding core of my heart
Days and nughts bloom
Open up to your loving eyes
You let them plume

I merely hold the lyre
Tuning its strings
You let it voice your song
Whenever it sings

In the light and dark of life
Mingle your joy
In me you live your dreams
Bliss you enjoy

Make me worthy of it all
Gifts you gave me
Let my life flow into you
Be it yours, let it be


(Another version meant to be sung in English, inspired by Debashis Goswami's version, transcreated by Anandamayee)

Got to give all I have,
I know well the prophecy;
Treasures, words, songs and prayers
Yours ever, let it be

Everything I gaze upon
Every care I render
All my ears hear and hold,
Roads, I surrender

From my bud, from my heart
Days and nights unfold
blossoming beneath your gaze
Secretly cajoled

Instrument's in my hands
Tuned to be played
When it's ripe, let it sing
Music you have made

All my darkness all my light 
Mingle with my soul 
you live your dream in my life
When I lived in whole

Gifts I found, my energy
I gracefully surrender
Life, let it overflow
Make it your splendour

No comments:

Post a Comment