Nov 22, 2009

Where does this road end

পথের শেষ কোথায়
pother shesh kothay

Where does this road end,
Where is the end
What is there at the end?
So much desire, such untiring quest,
Where does it melt and fade away

Waves of tears rise and ebb
Dense darkness looms ahead
Shore there is for sure, I know
Where, in which land, I do not know

Today I pause to ponder
As I run after a mirage in vain
Unquenchable is this thirst I fear
Rudderless is my boat, torn are it’s sails
Yet rows on my sorrow, to a destination unknown


Another translation meant for English rendition, by Anandamayee Majumdar

Long way!
Where does this all end?

So much desire and crave
What next?
Where does it all end?

Waves of tears leap
Darkness ahead of me
How could I
meet shore at sea?
Where could I
be free?
Where does it all cease?
Long way!

As I look inwardly
Mirages cry out at me. Ah!
The craze does not seem to cease!
Deep sense of unease.

My pain, a broken ship
Lost in the sea, aimless.
Where does this all end?
Long way!





No comments:

Post a Comment