Nov 15, 2009

Games I should play, what and when

কোন্‌ খেলা যে খেলব কখন
kon khela je khelbo kokhon
(audio - Suchitra Mitra & Amjad Ali Khan)

Games I should play, what and when
I sit and think about it
Worry I would not
If only you make me
A part of your own play

A morning kissed with dew
It appears to be your leisurely play
A carnival of clouds
Entreats me to join them and glide away

On the day of reckoning
The day you are merciless in your play
Bells will toll, drumbeats will roar
An army of clouds will darken the skies
The winds will moan out a plaintive refrain

On that day at your beckoning
May worldly fetters fade away
On the tidal waves of doomsday
Unflinching may this spirit sway

Another version by Anandamayee Majumdar

I have countless games to play
I am torn by which to embrace,
Allow me to be your playmate,
And eternally solve my bafflement

The day breaks open with dewy sunshine
Like it is one of your games of recess
An army of clouds sailing in the pure blue
Beg my heart to file along

Some day, you will play with disaster
Some day, the sky will douse in dark,
Some day, clouds will cap my clarity

On that day of terror and doom,
I hope my fetters will fall apart
So I can respond, become a free bird,
So my heart can dance in the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment