Nov 10, 2009

Stand before my eyes

দাঁড়াও আমার আঁখির আগে
dnarao amar ankhiro agey (audio)

Stand before my eyes,
see and touch my heart.

In the skyline and earth
In light unsurpassed 
stand before my eyes
my heart longs for you.

Meet this eager earth
with your sweetness.
Stand on green drapes
in her courtyard.

Flow from everything,
flood from all the earth
spill from every heart.

Stand where the soul
longs for you in silence.

(another version by Rumela Sengupta)

Do appear so my eyes can behold you
That your gaze may alight upon my heart

Amidst the azure and all of creation
In this amazing light, this ardent radiance
Do appear before me

My eye seeks with every blink
My heart yearns in each moment
To be blessed by your visage

Awaits the earth expectantly
Bless it with more beauty
Step upon the carpet of green
That she has laid out for you
Across the dust of her fields

Flooding all that there is
Brimming over this world
Pervading my whole life
Take your place, my Lord
Where my spirit, estranged from you
Stays awake in her loneliness

- 5th June 1904

No comments:

Post a Comment