Mar 30, 2011

I left my lamp unlit in the dark

আমার জ্বলেনি আলো অন্ধকারে
Amar joleni alo ondhokare (audio: Debabrata Biswas)

I left my beacon unlit in the dark
Is that why, repeatedly
You refuse to answer my passionate call?

Your flute trills in my heart
In my sizzling hurt, my supreme bliss.
Yet for the one who is lost
The tears, you let them fall so willfully.

I look at the sky and a dream blossoms,
Still, I wonder what I desire.
Hope fires and flickers now and then,
Meaninglessly, as if my aching heart
Would tug you, would make you come to me.



(another version by Rumela Sengupta:)

I left my lamp unlit in the dark
Is that why you did not respond time after time

Your flute plays in my heart
In trying sorrow, in deepest bliss
The one who knows not the path
You let him unbosom his tears

I gaze at the dark sky of night
What does my heart want?
Only my heart knows

Now and then in my heart
Why does hope glimmer for no reason
As if my pain will draw you to my door

No comments:

Post a Comment