Mar 30, 2011

In twilight-moment of a drizzling sky

আজি গোধূলিলগনে এই বাদলগগনে
Aji godhuli logone ei badolo gogone
(Audio: Suchitra Mitra)

In twilight-moment of a drizzling sky
I watch his footsteps in my heart
And my mind whispers, 'He will come!'
With senseless rapture tears surge
Welling up my eyes with urge
Does his raiment in restive winds
Offer a touch of the distant far?
My heart, fragrant with tuberose,
Whispers often, 'He will come!'
The Maaloti* flower's absent soul,
Wishes to fully speak her mind
The horizon startled with painful glee
Her windy raiment flying free
And my heart whispers, 'He will come!'


Maaloti* - a big, woody climber which bears masses of fragrant, white, jasmine like flowers.

2 comments:

  1. ei udashi haowa plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will find it here,
      http://gitabitan-en.blogspot.com/2012/03/absent-breeze-in-its-wake.html

      Delete