Mar 10, 2011

You arrive to bless my eyes

আমার নয়ন-ভুলানো এলে
Amar noyono-bhulano ele (audio)

You have come to bless my eyes.
Beauty my heart just found!
Near the Shiuli* trees divine
blossom tossed on dewy grass
your steps colored with morning sun
you have come to bless my eyes.

A veil made of sun and shade
floats and falls on forest bed.
The flowers gazing at your face
whisper among themselves.

We welcome you here encore
raise the flutter at your door
a thin white veil of autumn clouds
as you come to bless my eyes.

We can hear your welcome song
our Forest Mother sings for you.
The sky brings with its lute
symphonies to match a tune.

Do I hear your golden bells?
that would be my deepest heart.
Take me over, all my house.
Melt the rock with flowing joy
as you come to bless my eyes.

(translation by Anandamayee)

*Shiuli - a white autumn blossom of Bengal

(another version by Rumela)

Enchanting my eyes you come
What is this I sight, laying bare my heart

Beside the bursting trees of Shiuli
Through the troves of falling flowers
Your feet kissed by the crimson sun
Trace their way in dew drenched grass
Enchanting my eyes you come

A veil of light and shade
Falls gently over the forests
What is it they say in their heart
The flowers gazing at your face

We offer you a ceremonial welcome
Do take off the veil from your face
Remove that weave of cloud and haze

The deep sound of conches echo
At the doors of woodland nymphs
A welcome song resounds across
The strings of the sky-lute
I hear a trill of golden anklet bells
Where? Maybe within my heart
You come flooding sweetness
In every thought, in every chore
A sweetness melting even stone
You come in a deluge of bliss
Enchanting my eyes you come

1 comment:

  1. জবাব নেই এই অনুবাদের । আমি রীতিমত spellbound! খুব ভালো লাগল।

    ReplyDelete